Gabi Martinez is a guitarist, producer, and engineer from Zaragoza (SPAIN), based in Los Angeles (USA). With a very unique and eclectic career, he worked with international artists with worldwide exposure and he is involved in projects with some of the most prestigious names in the music industry. Also, he was selected to be part of the Grammy Next, program designed to identify and empower the next generation of industry leaders, and he is a member – LAC Producers and Engineers Wing Committee- of The Recording Academy.
About his career:
- He played for Multi-Platinum artists as Draco Rosa, Enrique Bunbury, Pablo Alboran, Sebastian Yatra, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Pepe Aguilar, Ara Malikian, Jose Maria Cano (from Mecano), Iza, La Marisoul (from La Santa Cecilia),…, in events as the prestigious Person Of The Year in the Grammys Awards.
- He worked with: Rafa Sardina (Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, …), Rodney Alejandro (Ray Charles, The Script, …), Larry Klein (Norah Jones, Bob Dylan, …), Aureo Baqueiro (Sin Bandera, Alejandro Fernández, …), Vinnie Colaiuta (Sting, Jeff Beck, …), Nathan East (Eric Clapton, Whitney Houston, …), Greg Phillinganes (Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, …), Kenny Aronoff (Mick Jagger, John Fogerty, …), Carlitos del Puerto (Bruce Springsteen, Chick Corea, …), Victor Indrizzo (Beck, Alanis Morissette, …), Luis Conte (James Taylor, Phil Collins, …), Sean Hurley (John Mayer, Alicia Keys, …), Arturo Solar (Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, … ), Carlos Rodgarman (Juan Gabriel, The Rodgarband, …), Benjamin J. Shepherd (Peter Erskine, Lee Ritenour, …), Matt Rhode (American Idol, Anastasia, … ), Matt Rollings (Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton, …), Carmine Rojas (David Bowie, Rod Steward, …), Chris Cheney (Celine Dion, Slash, …), Bernard Fowler (The Rolling Stones, …)…and many others.
- He recorded and toured with Ramon Mejia “Perrozompopo” ( Nicaraguan songwriter Grammy-nominated) working in the album “Romper el Silencio”, one of the most important albums in Central America.
- He recorded and toured with Karamba (CubaDisco nominated band) with major concerts around Spain, Europe, USA and Cuba. Also, he worked in the awarded project “Un Puente hacía La Habana” featuring by Eliades Ocha, La Shica, Fuel Fandango, Javier Ojeda (Danza Invisible), Pedrito Calvo, El Bicho, Qva Libre, Raul Paz, Dejavu, Adrian Berazain, Buena Fe, Leoni Torres and Mario Diaz.
- He produced, recorded and toured with Fulanito de Tal ( alter ego of Roberto del Pino, winner of the last edition of X Factor – Spain) with featuring artists like Mariano Casanova (star of the film “Historia de un grupo de rock” by Juanma Bajo-Ulloa).
- He developed his own jazz fusion project, Tinglao Fusion Band, where he reflected his musical mixtures. They shared the stage with world-wide artists like Robben Ford, Esperanza Spalding, Bill Evans, The Earth Wind and Fire Experience, Christian Scott, Chris Dave, Jazzanova, Pepe Bao or Stanley Jordan. He composed, recorded and produced the album” Por encontrar más luz”. This album was exposed in several international art museums. Each song is related to a painting made in collaboration with the plastic artist Yendris Patterson. The paintwork was made with coffee and wine as liquids to paint and we built with this, the artwork for the album cover.
Besides, he has a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering with Master, he is a proud endorser of prestigious international brands (Shur, CAA, Providence, G-Lab, La Bella) and he was honored by becoming a dual member of the Recording Academy (Grammy) and the Latin Recording Academy (Latin Grammy) and member in the American Federation of Musicians, with Distinction in Arts.