Gabi Martinez is a guitarist, producer and engineer. from Zaragoza (SPAIN), based in Los Angeles (USA). With a unique and eclectic career, he has had the chance to work with acclaimed international artists with worldwide exposure and has been involved in projects with some of the most prestigious names in the music industry. Additionally, he was selected to be part of “Grammy Next” at The National Recording Academy (a program designed to identify and empower the next generation of music industry leaders) and he is a member of the Producers and Engineers Wing Committee -LA Chapter-.
About his career:
- He has worked with Multi-Platinum artists such as: CeeLo Green, Enrique Bunbury, Luis Fonsi, Sofia Carson, Pablo Alboran, Mana, Draco Rosa, Sebastian Yatra, Manuel Turizo, Mau y Ricky, Piso 21, Monsieur Periné, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Pepe Aguilar, Ara Malikian, Jose Maria Cano (from Mecano), Iza, La Marisoul (from La Santa Cecilia), etc., and in events such as the prestigious Person Of The Year in the Grammys Awards.
- He has also worked with renowned music professionals such as: Rafa Sardina (Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson), Rodney Alejandro (Ray Charles, The Script), Larry Klein (Norah Jones, Bob Dylan), Roland Gajate (Kanye West, Rosalia), Vinnie Colaiuta (Sting, Jeff Beck), Nathan East (Eric Clapton, Whitney Houston), Greg Phillinganes (Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder), Kenny Aronoff (Mick Jagger, John Fogerty), Victor Indrizzo (Beck, Alanis Morissette), Mike Garson (The Smashing Pumpkins), Sean Hurley (John Mayer, Alicia Keys), Benjamin J. Shepherd (Peter Erskine, Lee Ritenour), Matt Rollings (Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton), Carmine Rojas (David Bowie, Rod Steward), Chris Cheney (Celine Dion, Slash), Bernard Fowler (The Rolling Stones) and many others.
- He has recorded and toured with Ramon Mejia “Perrozompopo” ( Latin Grammy-nominated). He has worked on albums such as “Romper el Silencio”, one of the most important albums of the last century in Central America.
- He has worked in the awarded project “Un Puente hacía La Habana” featured by Eliades Ocha, La Shica, Fuel Fandango, Javier Ojeda (Danza Invisible), Pedrito Calvo, El Bicho, Qva Libre, Raul Paz, Dejavu, Adrian Berazain, Buena Fe, Leoni Torres, Karamba and Mario Diaz.
- He has produced, recorded and toured with Fulanito de Tal ( alter ego of Roberto del Pino, winner of the last edition of X Factor (SPAIN) with featuring artists like Mariano Casanova (star of the film “Historia de un grupo de rock” by Juanma Bajo-Ulloa).
- He developed his own jazz fusion project, Tinglao Fusion Band, where he reflected his musical mixtures. They shared the stage with worldwide artists like Robben Ford, Esperanza Spalding, Bill Evans, The Earth Wind and Fire Experience, Christian Scott, Chris Dave, Jazzanova, Pepe Bao or Stanley Jordan. He composed, recorded and produced the album” Por encontrar más luz”. This album was exhibited in several international art museums. Each song is related to a painting made in collaboration with the plastic artist Yendris Patterson. The artwork of the album was made with coffee and wine used as liquids to paint.
Additionally, he holds a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering , he is a proud endorser of prestigious international brands (Suhr, Alhambra, Eventide, Ernie Ball) and he was honored by becoming a dual member of the Recording Academy (Grammy) and the Latin Recording Academy (Latin Grammy) and a member in the American Federation of Musicians, with Distinction in Arts.